Client Terms and Conditions
We are delighted that you have selected the Capital Tuition Group (CTG) to support you and your child's studies. The Capital Tuition Group and its Tutors are dedicated to providing you/your child the best tuition service possible. We view the Tutor-Tutee relationship as an integrated partnership to assist your ongoing academic development and help you reach your potential, essential for your future.
The Capital Tuition Group's and the Tutor's commitment to you
- CTG will provide you with a carefully selected Tutor based on qualification and experience in order to respond to your/your child's specific learning needs.
- Your Tutor will do all the preparation and design the structure of the lessons in such a way as to optimise learning throughout the session. Your Tutor will use their best efforts, resources and expertise when tutoring you/your child.
- CTG and your Tutor will keep all information regarding you/your child confidential and will only use this information with your permission.
- Your/your child's Tutor will agree with you the time, location, frequency and duration of the tuition sessions.
- Your/your child's Tutor will advise you on any additional resources that you may wish to invest in.
- Your/your child's Tutor may provide you/your child with extra tasks to maximise progress.
- Your/your child's Tutor will at no time be obliged to execute school-based homework or assignments on behalf of you/your child.
- You/your child's Tutor will undertake to adhere to a strict professional Code of Ethics as outline by The Tutors' Association.
- CTG will regularly seek feedback from you and your child to ensure the continued success of the Tutor-Tutee relationship. This will provide you and your child with the opportunity to discuss any aspects of your/your child's learning.
Your and your Child's undertakings
- You and your child undertake to assist the Tutor in identifying problem areas in which you/your child needs specific support and guidance.
- You and your child understand that the assignments, exercises and homework set by your/your child's Tutor form an integral part of Tutoring and undertake to complete these tasks as set by your/your child's Tutor.
- You undertake not to engage CTG tutors directly but exclusively through CTG.
- You undertake not to purchase tuition or related services from Tutors introduced by CTG for a period of 18 months after the end of a tuition assignment or the termination of the contract.
- You undertake to keep clear records of the tuition sessions completed and sign the timesheet in conjunction with the Tutor.
Cancellation, lateness and rescheduling
- CTG cannot be held responsible for your Tutor's illness, adverse travel conditions and other unexpected and unavoidable circumstances that result in the need to reschedule a Tutoring session at a mutually agreeable time.
- This contract may be terminated by CTG or you/the parents/legal guardians, with one week's notice.
- You/the parents/legal guardian, may cancel the tuition session by giving your/your child's Tutor at least 24 hours' notice in which case no tuition fee will be incurred.
- Sessions cancelled or not attended by you/your child without giving 24 hours prior notice to your/your child's Tutor will be charged at the full rate.
- Your Tutor may cancel the tuition session by giving 24 hours prior notice to you/your child in which case no fees will be incurred. In the case where the session was pre-paid, your Tutor shall reschedule the session at a time agreeable to both parties, failing which you/your child shall be refunded the price of the session.
- Any lost time in tuition sessions due to lateness of your Tutor will be compensated for at a mutually agreed time.
- Any lost time in tuition sessions due to you/your child's lateness will be compensated for at the discretion of your Tutor. If your Tutor is unable to find time the full fee is still applicable.
- Services provided by the Capital Tuition Group must be paid upon invoice at the end of the month within a maximum of 14 days.
- The agreed fee for tuition is as outlined on the Tuition Confirmation Email.
- No payment is to be made directly to the Tutor but must only be made to the Capital Tuition Group.
- Capital Tuition Group reserves the right to withdraw tuition services for late payments, and late payments are subject to late payment fees of £10 per day.
- Payments can be made either by cheque (made payable to Capital Tuition Group) or by BACS payments.
- CTG and its Tutors make no warranties with regards to you/your child's performance as a result of any tutoring provided.
- Where your child is a legal minor, you, the parent/guardian shall enter into this Tutoring contract on behalf of your child and shall accept and agree to all the terms and conditions contained herein on behalf of your child.
- You as parents/guardians of your child under the age of 18 are asked to remain in the building during the Tutorial.
- So that CTG can fulfil its duties to you/your child CTG needs to keep and use you and your child's personal data. You consent to CTG holding and using that data and transferring it prospective Tutors, as necessary, with suitable safeguards to Clients and others with a legitimate reason to need it in connection with the Tutor's work for CTG.